SOX Senior AuditorPuerto Rico Categoría: CORPORATIVO Subcategoría: Finanza
Nuestro éxito depende de nuestra personas. Lo que nos conecta, nos une y nos hace ser “NOSOTROS” es la pasión y el orgullo que tenemos por crear momentos importantes para nuestros clientes. Es por ello que en cualquier lugar que se desees comenzar una carrera a Liberty Latin America, todos nos guiamos por una visión, filosofía y principios compartidos que nos permiten dar vida a nuestra cultura. Damos lo mejor y lo hacemos con espíritu.
- Toma de riesgos Estamos facultados para asumir riesgos para nuestros clientes y entre nosotros. Cometer errores está bien.
- Respetuoso Tratamos a otros como queremos ser tratados. Es agradable ser importante, pero es más importante ser amable.
- Honesto Somos honestos con los demás pero, lo que es más importante, somos honestos con nosotros mismos.
- Trabajador Trabajamos duro para nuestros clientes, colegas e inversores.
- Disciplinado Somos consistentes y medimos nuestro rendimiento. Los compromisos son importantes para nosotros.
Lo que me encanta de nuestra cultura son las oportunidades que creamos para que nuestros empleados desarrollen sus carreras con nosotros y la pasión que tenemos por el crecimiento. Me encanta ver a las personas estirarse y desafiarse a sí mismas, trabajando fuera de su zona de confort y floreciendo como resultado. Haciendo grandes cosas para su autodesarrollo, sus familias, nuestro negocio y nuestros clientes.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Descripción del trabajo
Who We Are?
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and The Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony and mobiles services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
What´s the role?
Responsible for the support of the LCPR SOX process in the collection, analysis, documentation and consolidation of SOX compliance related data for management reporting purposes in order to stay in sync with the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, as well as undertaking design and operating effectiveness testing in support of management’s overall assessment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, but are not limited to the following:
- Working with LiLAC, LCPR management teams and control owners to identify and document key processes and controls for management’s Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) evaluation and where appropriate disclosure controls.
- Undertake controls framework design assessments (when required), design and operational effectiveness testing, process walk-throughs as required for SOX purposes under the direction of the LiLAC Group Compliance and LCPR management team.
- Adhering to and supporting the overall LiLAC SOX compliance process.
- Research policies & procedures, build process flow charts, document process objectives, risks, and controls
- Documentation of internal control processes to support management’s ICOFR evaluation.
- The Senior will support the LiLAC/LCPR SOX team through the following activities:
- Accounting for entity-level deficiency reporting metrics and related compliance submissions; ensuring adherence to set timelines.
- Consolidating and reviewing §302 submissions from LCPR.
- Assisting in the development of guidance related to specific SOX compliance topics ensuring alignment with existing internal LiLAC guidance and SEC/PCAOB Guidance.
- Providing reporting information to other compliance personnel (e.g. LiLAC/LCPR SOX team, Internal Audit etc.) as well as handling ad-hoc queries from the business.
- Assist in testing of the design and operational effectiveness of key controls or perform process walkthroughs. They will work under the direction of one of the more senior members of the LiLAC/LCPR SOX team, and be responsible for delivering timely and quality work papers as required by the various assignments.
- The SOX Senior will provide support as needed, to either internal LCPR SOX applications or other end users through involvement in the following tasks:
- User administration (e.g. user account setup, maintenance, password resets etc.)
- Update and maintenance of standing data within the application (e.g. risk, control descriptions, test plans etc.)
- Review of updates to OpenPages for completeness and accuracy, as required
- Participating in ad-hoc Compliance projects (e.g. “year 1” acquisitions), due diligence or other activities.
- Building effective working relationships with other departments (e.g. Internal Audit, Compliance & Ethics, Financial Reporting, Treasury etc.).
- Keeping the LiLAC/LCPR SOX team members appropriately updated on relevant SOX compliance activities and timely communication of risks and issues identified.
- The role will require frequent communications with compliance related staff at other LiLAC entities and this, combined with the SOX testing requirements of the role requires limited travel, if any, although this may be subject to change.
- Identify risks and opportunities to strengthen internal control procedures based upon knowledge of processes.
- Perform periodically updates of documentation of business processes and related controls.
- Assist with plan for testing of internal controls, including any necessary remediation.
- Demonstrates and ensures compliance with the Customer First Philosophy, all Latin America policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct and Liberty safety standards and procedures.
- Other functions may be assigned.
Skills you'll Use Every Single Day:
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Creativity and Innovation
- Customer Focus
- Company Ambassadorship
- Integrity and Ethics
- Learning Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Quality Orientation
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving
- Attention to details
- Time Management
- Change Management
- Leading People
- Customer Service
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree, in Accounting
- Professional qualifications helpful (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.)
- Financial/Operational audit experience (minimum 3 years) (Big 4 is a plus)
- Project office support/project management experience (highly advantageous)
- Working knowledge of “Sarbanes-Oxley Act” and related SEC & PCAOB requirements and internal control/business risk frameworks (e.g. COSO 2013 Framework, CobIT)
- Awareness of, and interest in Compliance related issues generally is considered advantageous
- Requires familiarity and knowledge of risks and controls within Entity Level, Transaction/Business Process and IT areas
- Knowledge of audit techniques and test approaches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to understand and summarize complex.
- Communications Skills and social relations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strive to follow audit programs, conduct and conclude on test work to communicate the results and recommendations through a formal audit report.
- Highly detailed oriented, self-motivated and able to handle several priorities.
- Demonstrate a degree of confidentiality, integrity and reliability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strive to plan and run own work load including delivery to deadlines, budgets and quality standards.
- Bilingual (Spanish & English).
Why Join Us:
Technology excites us, enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision: to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture and one team.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.