Construction ManagerPuerto Rico Categoría: TECNOLOGÍA Subcategoría: Construction
Nuestro éxito depende de nuestra personas. Lo que nos conecta, nos une y nos hace ser “NOSOTROS” es la pasión y el orgullo que tenemos por crear momentos importantes para nuestros clientes. Es por ello que en cualquier lugar que se desees comenzar una carrera a Liberty Latin America, todos nos guiamos por una visión, filosofía y principios compartidos que nos permiten dar vida a nuestra cultura. Damos lo mejor y lo hacemos con espíritu.
- Toma de riesgos Estamos facultados para asumir riesgos para nuestros clientes y entre nosotros. Cometer errores está bien.
- Respetuoso Tratamos a otros como queremos ser tratados. Es agradable ser importante, pero es más importante ser amable.
- Honesto Somos honestos con los demás pero, lo que es más importante, somos honestos con nosotros mismos.
- Trabajador Trabajamos duro para nuestros clientes, colegas e inversores.
- Disciplinado Somos consistentes y medimos nuestro rendimiento. Los compromisos son importantes para nosotros.
Lo que me encanta de nuestra cultura son las oportunidades que creamos para que nuestros empleados desarrollen sus carreras con nosotros y la pasión que tenemos por el crecimiento. Me encanta ver a las personas estirarse y desafiarse a sí mismas, trabajando fuera de su zona de confort y floreciendo como resultado. Haciendo grandes cosas para su autodesarrollo, sus familias, nuestro negocio y nuestros clientes.Kerry Scott, Chief People Officer
Descripción del trabajo
Who We Are?
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and The Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony and mobiles services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
What´s the role?
Responsible for complete project management of construction projects and expenditures. Leads the construction and drafting departments. Responsible for leading designs and construction of all activities in support of plant constructions, rebuilds, and existing plant upgrades.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares for approval all capital projects and expenses, maintaining proper documentation of each project and capital account.
- Generates monthly reports as necessary.
- Responsible for construction maintenance and new construction; assures compliance with Company standards.
- Lead, direct, and motivate a staff of Project Inspectors who handle the construction of outside plant construction.
- Works closely with the leadership team to develop budgets and allocate appropriate funds for rebuilds, upgrades, and other construction efforts.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, and directing the construction project.
- Assures that policies and procedures are effectively implemented by personnel.
- Assures compliance of construction requirements with all franchises.
- Work with the preparation of the capital and operating budgets; assures proper use of capital expenditures; monitors material status of all projects.
- Leads the work of contract construction crews.
- Work with construction and drafting personnel with the implementation of all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all site construction permits are obtained and valid for all work performed and that all work is completed within permitted time and in accordance with all applicable regulations (i.e., local regulations, governmental regulations, etc.).
- Responsible for reading and analyzing complex engineering plans/diagrams, so as to implement and lead all construction projects.
- Schedules construction projects; watches compliance of safety standards and quality control of construction projects.
- Maintains an invoice verification program on all contractor projects.
- Works with different departments to ensure budgeted subscribers are built, activated, and/or upgraded, as needed.
- Ability to evaluate the project site from concept to completion with thorough knowledge of material required/crews needed for designated project and the allotted time required to complete the site in a safe and timely manner.
- Available to assist in system outages after natural disasters such as hurricanes on 24/7 schedules, if needed.
- Ensure that the construction of outside plant construction is completed in accordance with all national safety and construction codes and within specified timelines.
- Ensure In-house construction personnel adhere to all national safety and construction codes.
- Demonstrates and ensures compliance with the Customer First Philosophy, all Liberty Latin America's policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct and Liberty safety standards and procedures.
- Other functions may be assigned.
Directly supervises and provides mentorship to a group of employees in the Construction Department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills you'll Use Every Single Day:
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Creativity and Innovation
- Customer Focus
- Company Ambassadorship
- Integrity and Ethics
- Learning Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Quality Orientation
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Quality Management
- Critical Thinking
- Business Insight
Education and/or Experience:
BS in electronics, electrical or civil engineering preferred.
Demonstrated experience leading network roll outs from a design and planning stage through construction.
Five to seven years of experience in the telecommunications industry, with construction and electronics background, including knowledge of National Electric Code, OSHA and related state and local codes.
Over three years of supervisory experience.
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish & English).
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, high demand and dynamic environment.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of procurement process, including familiarity with activities such as requisitioning and purchasing of materials, supplier interactions, contract negotiations, establishing of commercial terms and conditions, construction purchasing, contract negotiations.
- Confirmed ability to lead multiple tasks/projects bat a time. Familiarity with all construction requirements and practices of states and local governments in the area served.
- Experience in general drafting.
- Ability to supervise and direct others, communicate effectively with Company personnel, customers, business and professional people at all levels.
- Willing to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
Why Join Us:
Technology excites us, enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision: to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture and one team.
Liberty Puerto Rico provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assessment, background check and drug test will be required to successful candidate.